Bank Negara Malaysia has announced it will be issuing commemorative banknotes next year in conjunction with the 60th anniversary of the Signing of the Federation of Malaya Independence Agreement.
A press release issued by the Central Bank of Malaysia has confirmed that the new commemorative banknotes will be available for public viewing from 21 December 2017, with orders from the public available from 5 January 2018.
The commemorative banknotes will be available in denominations of RM600 (370mm by 220mm) and RM60 (162mm by 252mm).
The notes will be printed on a composite polymer and paper substrate and contain various security features including:
- a half window (a window visible from one side of the note, exposing the polymer core)
- colour-shifting security thread
- optically variable magnetic ink feature
- Perfect see-through registration feature
- lithographic and intaglio printing features
Read the Bank Negara Malaysia press release in full.