“The Central Bank has decided to allow the commercial sector to re-circulate cash deposits, on condition that all cash is validated and processed to certain specified fitness levels prior to re-issue”
What do fitness levels mean for commercial banks, cash service providers and retailers?
SMI provides assistance to all parties to define, monitor and comply with the stipulated banknote standards, optimising visibility of banknote quality throughout the country by:
- monitoring quality levels remotely in real time
- using statistical analysis to measure trends
- using our own proprietary methodology to ensure sorter detection systems remain configured to meet the required sorting standards throughout each day
- advising on efficiency optimisation through more effective forecasting of cash stocks
- optimising cash processing productivity by using equipment appropriate to each task