The Central Bank of Uruguay has issued an upgraded 200 Uruguayan pesos banknote with improved security features.
The Banco Central Del Uruguay (BCU) began issuing the new banknote, which continues to be part of the F 2015 series, on 29 December 2016.
The new banknote includes tactile markings on the short sides of the note, to aid those with visual impairments to identify the note’s denomination.
Other security features include:
- Perfect Registration – the “200” denomination is partially seen on each side of the note, but can be viewed in full when viewing the note infant of a light source.
- The security thread is metallic and includes the word “Uruguay”.
- Improved watermark feature including the banknote’s denomination and the image of Pedro Figari
- Improved latent image depicting the denomination “200” in different sizes.
- An iridescent stripe is included
- Varnish features depicting “BCU 200” on the front right of the note, and “200” on the front left.
The BCU has issued an educational poster which is available on their website.