Nominations for the 2013 Banknote of the Year award, hosted by the International Bank Note Society (IBNS) have now been named.
The annual award recognises exceptional banknote designs, which have been put into circulation for use by the public during the year of the award.
The IBNS states that banknotes put forward to be nominated must have “artistic merit and/or innovative security features”.
2013 Banknote of the Year Nominations:
- Barbados $50 Dollar Note
- Brazil 5 Reais Note
- Canada 10 Dollar Note
- European Monetary Union 5 Euro Note
- Fiji $5 Dollar Note
- Iceland 10,000 Kronur Note
- Kazakhstan 1,000 Tenge Note
- Lebanon 50,000 Livre Note
- Libya 50 Dinar Note
- Russia 100 Rouble Note
- Solomon Islands $50 Dollar Note
- United States 100 Dollar Note
The winner will be announced by the IBNS later this year.
Source: International Bank Note Society