The Central Bank of Bahrain has upgraded its BD10 and BD20 banknotes with new security features.
The notes, last issued in 2008, continue to use the same design but now include several new security features.
- Gemini® – from De La Rue. Shown at the top right of the front of the banknote as the Arabic numeral 10 or 20. When the note is viewed in UV light, the numeral is displayed in two fluorescent colours.
- Mask™ – from De La Rue. Shown above the serial number on the front of the banknote. The Arabic numeral 10 or 20 is again used but, when the note is held up to a light source, the english numeral 10 or 20 is revealed.
- Rapid® – from Crane Currency. A security thread using micro-optic technology is included on the reverse of the banknote
- SPARK® Live Truspin – from SICPA. A predominantly green colour changing optically variable ink patch shown on the front left of the banknote. When the note is tilted, a ring appears to rotate within the patch.
- Tactile feature – for the visually impaired. Shown on the front right of the banknote as a series of short raised lines. The BD 10 banknote has 4 lines, while the BD 20 note has 5.
It is understood that the new banknotes have already been issued into circulation.
For further information and imagery of the new security features, view the press release from the Central Bank of Bahrain.